2018 Sportsman’s Permanent Tee Times
The Permanent Tee Time program provides an equitable way for players to schedule weekend tee times on the Classic 18. Submit your foursome application to attend the lottery drawing on Wednesday, February 28.
Season Begins: Saturday, April 21
Season Ends: Sunday, September 16
There is no play on August 4 and 5 due to the Men’s Club Championship.
How Does It Work?
- Permanent Tee Time foursomes register for the lottery by filling out the enclosed application and paying a non-refundable entry fee of $100
- Each registered group will designate a captain to attend the lottery drawing and select a tee time
- Captains at the lottery drawing will be separated into three tiers:
Tier 1: PTT Captains with 5-consecutive years of program participation 2013-17
Tier 2: PTT Captains or vice-captains returning from 2016 or 2017 program
Tier 3: New captains/applicants
The first 20% of available tee times will be prioritized for Tier 1. The next 10% of tee times will be prioritized for Tiers 1 & 2. Tier 3 lottery balls will be added to the hopper after 30% of the program times have been selected. Lottery balls will be selected at random until all captains have had an opportunity to select from available tee times.
What is the Cost?
After the lottery entry fee has been paid, the monetary commitment consists of the Permanent Tee Time program fee + 21 weeks of prepaid green fees per player.
Program fees are based on the time selected (see enclosed chart):
- 5:30-6:06am & after 9:15am: $0 per person
- 6:15-6:51am & 8:39-9:15am: $50 per person
- 7:00-8:30am: $100 per person
A player with a Discount Card selects 6:51am Saturday:
$50 (Program fee)
+ $966 (21 weeks of golf at $46 per round)
|Registration Begins||Tuesday, February 6|
|Lottery Entry Deadline||Sunday, February 25 at 4pm|
|Lottery Drawing||Wednesday, February 28 at 7pm|
|Lottery Location||Northbrook Park District|
(Crestwood A&B rooms)
3323 Walters Ave.
Northbrook, IL 60062
Lottery Entry Application:
Click here for printable PDF Application
Sportsman’s will begin accepting applications February 6.
Sportsman’s Country Club
Attention: John Billiter
3535 Dundee Road
Northbrook, IL 60062
- Fax: 847-291-9436
- Email: email@example.com
Foursomes may split payment and payment methods per player.
Fees can be paid by cash, check (payable to Sportsman’s Country Club) or credit card (Visa, Mastercard, American Express or Discover).
Full Payment: Program fee + 21 prepaid greens fees
- Payment processed using credit card on file March 1, 2018
- Includes CDGA Handicap
Split Payment: Program fee + 11 prepaid greens fees + $10 convenience fee
- First payment processed using credit card on file March 1, 2018: 11 prepaid greens fees
+ $10 convenience fee.
- Balance processed using credit card on file Friday, June 29, 2018: 10 prepaid greens fees
+ $10 convenience fee.
Permanent Tee Time Lottery Guidelines
- Tee times are adjusted to fit available daylight hours early and late in the season. The tee time conversion chart will be available at sportsmansgolf.com by April 1.
- Refunds are not given after a tee time has been selected. However, the original foursome may find a replacement group; the original foursome is responsible for notifying Sportsman’s of the changes.
- Rain checks are issued when conditions warrant and will be available in the golf shop the day after play has been cancelled. Rain checks are valid only for golf and golf cars and expire at the conclusion of the calendar year. Sportsman’s is not responsible for finding substitutes or for collecting or distributing fees for substitutes. If your group has a no-show and Sportsman’s is able to assign a walk-on to the group, you will be eligible for a rain check for the value of the prepaid greens fee.
Pace of Play
The Pace of Play program at Sportsman’s is designed to allow every permanent tee time foursome to complete a round in 4 hours and 10 minutes or less. To achieve this goal, players with early tee times are encouraged to play faster. Groups teeing off prior to 7am are expected to play in 4 hours or less and/or with a maximum interval of 15 minutes from the group ahead of them.
Pace-of-Play is defined by your position on the golf course in relation to the group ahead of you. Tee times are scheduled in 9-minute intervals, and you are required to maintain that interval from start to finish. On-course marshals will monitor pace and document interval times at the 9thand 18th hole.
Group captains are responsible for the Pace-of-Play of their regular foursome and any substitutes participating in their tee time throughout the season.